Review: Liquid Sand OPI Polish

Hello Pretty! If you have been a reader for a while you know how much I LOVE NAIL POLISH... well I have a new collection I am so super excited to share with you. OPI has a new Mariah Carey collection called "Liquid Sand". These polishes are matte texturized glitter polishes. It's a mouth full to say I know... but these polishes are super gorgeous! There are 4 colors in the liquid sand collection and I seriously hope they come out with a million more. They are matte (meaning no light reflection = no shine) but with the glitter addition they reflect hints of light creating a cool effect. They really do feel like sand on your fingernail, they are texturized and surprisingly long wearing. You don't wear a top coat with these unless you want to get rid of the cool texturized effect. I have been sporting these for days and am surprised at how chip less they still look after 5 days. I removed them for purposes of this review and they are similar to other glitter polishes in that they are hard to get off. Soak pieces of a cotton ball in nail polish remover and place on nails for a minute then wipe off for easier removal!

Here are some pictures of the collection. You can pick these up at your local salon or grab em online for about $8.50-each. If you have a hair dressing friend I recommend asking them to take you to your local cosmoprof where you can find these for around 4.50 each with the cosmoprof card. AMAZING <3


The top set of nails are the matte nails with no top coat. The bottom are the same nails with a topcoat. You can clearly see the difference in these pretty polishes and how it changes the effect of the nails. I LOVE the matte ones.

This picture is Stay the Night and The Impossible (LOVE THEM) on my very sad short nails with no topcoat

 

Have you tried these polishes yet? What do you think? Matte isn't for everyone or texture for that matter. Would you wear these?

 

Final Thoughts: These are a great addition to anyones nail polish collection, I think everyone should have at least one.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment